Transitional Period - 1910-1920
Periods & Motifs are brought to you by:Jarretts Jade Jewelry & Small Antiques
Overview:Design periods sometimes evolve gradually and signs of change became evident long before the styles actually changed. Influences traveled from some countries slower than from others. Jewelry and Materials from Bohemia/Czechoslovakia continued to popularize just about all eras.
Historical Influences & Inventions:
- Mount Kozakov yielded imitation jet, colored glass stones and beads all molded by excellent artisans into beautiful jewelry and designs sought after by the rest of the world.
- End of World War I in 1918 - Czechs. and Slovaks united.
- Area now called Czechoslovakia previously Bohemia
Designs and Decorations:
- Mixture of Curvilinear and Rectilinear Lines
- Ornamental Treasures, boxes, reticules of brass and glass sautoirs
- Ornate stone laden brooches and bracelets
- En cabochon settings
- Unusual shaped stones
- Brass filigree
- openwork designs
- glass stones
- molded stones
- Elaborate brass work
- "Encrusted" designs
Important Designers and Manufacturers:
- Bohemia with their fabulous glass stones
- Carry over of previous designers with modifications incl. more metalwork.
Please Note:The information in this section may be provided by other parties, The Antique & Collectible Exchange,TACE.com, and World Intelligence Network, Inc, are not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained.